October 6, 2015
So, you're ready to get started on your website? Great!
...Or are you?
To make sure that you are completely prepared, you either need to have certain items ready or have answers to some important questions so you can make the most out of your first meeting with a web designer.
- What does your company specialize in?
- What are the features and benefits of your company?
- What is your target demographic?
- Who are your competitors? What are they doing?
- How will people find you online - what will they search for?
- Do you have your domain and hosting setup yet?
- Do you have a high-res logo?
- Do you have a rough idea what pages you will need or what your menu structure will need to be?
- Do you have content written for each of those pages/menu items? (this is the usually the biggest holdup for the designer!)
- Do you have high-res images that you want on the site?
- Do you have 2-3 other websites that you like so your designer can get a good feel for styles that you like?